Paediatric Dentistry in Barrie, ON
Unfortunately the incidents of childhood caries or decay is on the rise primarily due to the exposure of processed foods and drinks.
Importance of Paediatric Dentistry
Many parents assume that baby teeth don’t matter much since they will be lost anyway. However, tooth decay in baby teeth may affect permanent teeth and cause future dental problems.
- Paediatric dental examinations can help identify potential issues and begin timely treatment; checkups may also highlight overall health problems
- Preventive interventions such as the application of sealants and fluoride treatment can help protect your child’s teeth against decay
We care for the well-being of your child and are pleased to offer personalized paediatric dentistry services near you.
Top Tips for Paediatric Dental Care
Dr. David A. Staples, our dentist in Barrie recommends the following tips to look after your child’s teeth:
- We highly recommend the first visit for your children between the ages of 2 and a half and three years of age
- Ensure that you use paediatric toothpaste and toothbrushes and dental products specially formulated for children
- Get treatment for cavities in baby teeth. This will pave a healthy pathway for adult teeth to grow at a later stage
- We recommend discontinuing the use of a pacifier beyond the age of 2 years as this may cause crossbite or overbite
- Start flossing your child’s teeth once they start touching each other
Paediatric Dental Checkups at Dental Clinic in Barrie
As part of the paediatric dental checkup, we will check your child’s teeth and gums to ensure proper growth and will also look out for signs of decay or caries.